Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My desire...

I have been getting tons of compliments on my family blog about how I appear to keep it all together...with that, I get that question of:

  "just how do you do it girl? I mean your married to a professional athlete, you travel the world with 4 kids, you cook, you clean, you write, you have your own business, and you find time to give back and volunteer. Honestly, you should create a blog about that!" 

Well, first of all let me say thank you so much! I've definitely been inspired. But don't we all do this? We women don't get enough appreciation sometimes. However, I do what I do for Him,  (So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31).
From the day I could read the bible I was inspired by the Proverbs 31 scripture. It was my desire when I became a wife, to mirror her image for Him, my Husband, myself, my family and mostly my salvation. So, to receive these compliments at first, I said " really...is it seriously noticeable to others?" "Ok, wow!" At the end of the day I really take these compliments humbly and don't think I can teach or preach to anyone. I am a perfectionist and I try to do everything right, but I don't think I'm better than anyone. Growing up I use to hear all the time "Hm, she thinks she is all that!" Um, no I never said that, but whatever!;) My point is...I don't want you to get the wrong impression of this blog, in fact, if you are also a Godly woman, you know better than to judge. Lol! 
I appreciate any wisdom and insight from other Godly and positive women as well and I just want you to enjoy and hey!...most of you asked for it anyway. So...it is my desire, (with this blog) to inspire any and all women on the subjects of faith, family, fashion, fitness, fun, food and wine! Remember, I'm no expert, but I am "The Virtuous Woman." Enjoy and be blessed!:)

6 comments:

  1. Ok, so ladies it looks like you can leave comments on this blogspot. I seriously have no idea what happened with my other. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, the commenting is working. I tried to comment on your Black History post but it wouldn't let me.
    See you soon, keep on posting!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita,

    First of all, Really your blogs are amazing!
    I've no idea how i've found you. But i was searching a lot to get any information about you and your family. I don't know if you remember me? I think 7 years ago. Your husband Alton, played basketball in Bree.
    Aniah was 1 year old i think so, i can remember it really good! Alton JR played basketball with my brother Stef! And you asked me to babysit on your children, but unfortunately i was too young, i think 11 years or something. Your were always at the game in the evening and we had a lot of fun.
    I'm happy to see that everything is good !
    I hope you will reply my post!

    kiss, leen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leen! OMG, how are you?! I'm so sorry for my late reply...I didn't realize there was a new comment on this post. I see you are traveling outside of Belgium now huh? How nice! How ironic that you found our blogs, of course we remember you and your brother. We miss Belgium and all the good people we came to know there. It was like family and we hope to return in the near future. Please keep in touch, tell everyone hello and I pray that you continue to enjoy our blogs.
      Be blessed! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi anita,

      I'm so glad you remember me! It's been a while that i've heard something about you and your family. I've been searching for years to find something of you and your family, because I really wanted to know where you are and how life is going. When I've made my blog, becuase I'm studying in italy for one year, I found your blog! What a beautiful family, i can't believe it,they are all grown up! How's life in America? And the children everything alright? And Alton, does he still play basketball?

      I commented on this blog, because i'm not able to post comments on your family blog. No idea why not.
      don't worry, i'll continue to read your blogs.

      kiss

      Delete
  4. Wow! Italy? Must be nice! How long will you be there? Do you get back home often? What are you studying in Italy? Life in America is fine. However, we miss the relaxed lifestyle we had in Europe. In America everything is go, go, go, and we find ourselves very busy starting our new ventures and businesses. I have a wine consulting business and I'm also working on some other independent business ideas. You know me....the busy wife and mother that wears many hats.The kids are lovely, just growing like trees and getting smarter everyday!:) Alton retired from pro-basketball last year and currently coaches youth basketball while finishing his internship with Arizona State University. He's almost done and will have his degree in hand. He then plans on being a college basketball coach. As a child it was his dream to play pro -basketball and he was blessed to be able to live that dream, but while playing pro-basketball it was his dream to retire early and become a basketball coach, so he's on to his next dream now.What about you...what are the rest of your family members up to? Did you tell everyone hello from us? I pray all is well! Keep in touch!:)

    ReplyDelete